Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone is enjoying or has enjoyed Thanksgiving. We went to The Old Feed Mill in Mazomanie, Wisconsin, and had a super-fantastic Thanksgiving dinner. I went "off the reservation," as they say, and ate some of everything, and it was All Good. It was a buffet, and I ate so much that I couldn't breathe. You would too.

The food was all fresh. No "let's rip open a can of Sysco gravy and dump it into a chafing dish" here. Salad, green beens, stuffing, mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes, fresh cranberry sauce, gravy, turkey, pork and beef, all simply prepared and absolutely wonderful. The stuffing had several different kinds of bread in it--all made at their bakery, no doubt--and was easily the best stuffing I've had in years. I don't even LIKE stuffing, that's how good it was.

I'd rhapsodize about the bread pudding, but I think my family will pound me in the head if I do. Best. Bread. Pudding. Ever.

I was going to make a list of things I'm thankful for, but I couldn't do it without getting all sappy, so instead I'll just suggest, like everyone else, that you think about what you have to be thankful for and leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home