Strange Brouhaha

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I Swear I Am Off The Percocet

Here's a dream I had last night.

My absolute best friend in the entire world--not that I could tell you who it was, since it was nobody I knew--needed my help to enact a ritual. This ritual was Indian in my dream, but even though the only thing I know about India when I'm awake is that the nan is really good at Maharajah, I am fairly confident that nobody in India would recognize this ritual. I don't remember what the ritual was for.

It began with my friends and their daughter dressing up in giant gingerbread man costumes and dancing in the rain. Then, another friend of ours was to stand in the courtyard of an apartment building, eating a donut. I was supposed to grab a frozen giant squid--just go with me here--and carry the squid onto a third-floor balcony, where I would act as a puppeteer and make the squid "talk" to the donut. These things I did.

Then I was supposed to change into a tuxedo that--I swear--Pam Grier was supposed to bring, so that I could go down to the first floor balcony and play Joe Satriani's "The Bells of Lal" on a Yamaha Clavinova. This was very important, for some reason, and I recognized the Clavinova box because I had to move so many of them when I worked at the music store. Nobody had set up the Clavinova, Pam Grier was nowhere to be found, and my cousins were coming over for dinner!

The gingerbread man costumes got drenched in the rain and everybody fell down.

I wonder what happened to the giant squid.

2 Comments:

  • (dpb) Nice. That's right up there with my dream about the bats who knocked on the door and asked me (in Spanish) if my cats could come out to play. I replied that I don't speak Spanish and they apologized and inquired again about the cats, but this time in English. How considerate.

    Come to think of it, my dream doesn't hold a candle to yours. Wow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 PM  

  • (Josh) I wish I had any interest in taking drugs. I'd tell you to bring your leftovers to the wedding. At least I still have my designated driver for the next four months.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home