Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Dead...or Alive?

I was browsing CNN when I came across a report that Pink Floyd will be playing a live gig for a charity concert, Live 8. This is their first concert in 24 years that includes Roger Waters. When I told Savannah this, she wondered if the gig would include poor, insane Syd Barrett. I allowed as to how Syd was dead. Savannah disagreed.

Enter Dead or Alive?, a search engine that was able to answer our question. (A quick read of the Syd Barrett FAQ would have revealed the same information...but only for Syd.) It's up to date, too. I searched for the most recently deceased celebrity I could think of, Dana Elcar from MacGyver, and sure enough...dead. (Anne Bancroft, too.)

It's neat.

3 Comments:

  • So... is he going to be in the show or not? You never answered that question.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 PM  

  • Oh. Well, no, because he's still cracked. Apparently, he basically doesn't leave the house. So they might say "Hi, Syd," or something, but I highly doubt that he'd actually be there.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:32 AM  

  • (Josh) Even if he wasn't nuts, not too surprising given that he had basically nothing to do with the popular era of Floyd. I know that critics love him and that he was on "See Emily Play," "Astronomy Domine," and "The Nile Song," but I think the vast majority of casual radio fans have no idea who he is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home