Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Best game EVER

Having been addicted to several MUDs and MMORPGs, I have first-hand knowledge of the power of games to entrance and enthrall. I don't really need another game to get addicted to, but against all reason, I have found another game to play.

It's called Progress Quest.

The character creation mode is incredibly deep, the quests more involving than anything I've played before. It's an amazing, amazing game, with superb graphics. And the best part is, there are both online and offline modes, so you can play with other people or not, as you choose.

Download it and play it now.

(Oh, wait--did I forget to mention that this game is clearly a parody of MMORPG treadmill games? Because it is. You create a character and start the game and it runs all by itself. You don't interact with it at all; the "graphics" are all progress bars moving at various rates. I find it hilarious...YMMV.)

3 Comments:

  • This is only my musing, but is this the sort of game where including screen shots on their page might substantially decrease the number of game dowloads?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 PM  

  • dpb: oh, this is brilliant. I'll have to introduce this game to the too pasty guys at work who discuss, in grave detail, their killing exploits of this that or the other gaming experience they are currently "in" to. I mean they have real arguments over how certain weapons are used to best effect. Really. It's kind of sad in a way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

  • (Savannah) Only "in a way"? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home