Strange Brouhaha

Friday, July 14, 2006

Writing for the Blitz

I had my writing session for Blitz VII last night. It went well, almost too well--it makes me nervous.

This year we had a "Mentor," rather than just a minder. I have to admit that I was skeptical at first: "I don't need an editor!" But it was a really valuable experience, and I ended up being glad that Rob was there to interact with. His suggestions were great, and while I didn't use all of them, I think my play was stronger for them. It also made the whole process easier.

Even better, though, was that this year we got the speech on keeping the plays to a reasonable (10-15 minute) length. We didn't get that last year, and so we had some plays that were...long. Not so this year.

We'll see what happens at the performance tonight. I'm looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home