Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, February 17, 2007

This...is...JEOPARDY!

Today's Saturday Six is about something I spent a LOT of time watching on the television machine as a kid: Game Shows. I watched Match Game, Card Sharks, Jokers Wild, Press Your Luck, Price Is Right, Password...you name it, I watched it. It gave me the vast storehouse of stupid knowledge I enjoy today.

On with the show.


1. Take the quiz: What game show host are you?

2. What game show do you think you would be best as playing?

3. What game show do you think you would be worst at playing?

4. Have you ever applied or auditioned as a contestant for any game show? If so, which one?

5. If you had to apply or audition for a game show, which one would you most likely choose?

6. If you found out you had to host a game show, which one would do you know well enough that you could actually host?


1. Unsurprisingly, I got Alex Trebek.

2. Jeopardy, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, or 1 vs. 100.

3. I would be worst at playing something like Deal Or No Deal, where the game and outcome are essentially random and no skill is involved. As much as I liked Card Sharks, that would be another one that I would stink at.

4. I tried to get on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, actually, during those heady times when it was a hot prime time hit, but I was never able to get through on the phone number.

5. I'd choose Jeopardy, or maybe 1 vs. 100. There's a little bit more cachet if you're on Jeopardy, but overall the questions on 1 vs. 100 are a lot easier.

6. Jeopardy or Millionaire. Or Match Game, as long as I could use that Gene Rayburn microphone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home