Strange Brouhaha

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another long question post

A long one, courtesy of The Survey Place. It's a bit dated; I'd guess about ten years old, given that one of the questions is about Spice Girls and another is about "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". But that's okay.

1) What side of the heart do you draw first? The right side. I couldn't imagine drawing a heart from the left side; drawing a heart is too much like writing, so it only seems natural to start the right side. After all, the right side is the one that gets drawn from left to right, top to bottom. On the other hand, maybe if I drew the left side first, I could use the more natural writing direction to my advantage in matching up the sides.

2) Can you dive without plugging your nose? Yes. Anyone can. Just breathe out as you go in.

3) What color is your razor? Gray and black, with a touch of blue. This is a weird question.

4) What is your blood-type? A. I just got a letter from the Red Cross begging me for a blood donation.

5) Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours? Nobody. Not even my wife. I don't like the idea of forced confinement. I can barely even stand being free in an airplane.

6) What is a rumor someone has spread about you? I have no idea. That's probably a good thing.

7) How do you feel about carrots? I don't love 'em, but I'll eat them. I don't mind them small and shredded, but I'm not a huge fan of large hunks of cooked carrot. Unless they're in stew.

8) How many chairs at the dining room table? I think there's one. We don't use the table for eating. It's covered in junk. The chair is an afterthought.

9) Which is the best Spice Girl? Mel C., "Scary Spice."

10) Do you know what time it is? "Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? If so, I can't imagine why." It's a little after midnight right now. Knowing the time is inescapable, if you're using a computer. Just flick your eyes up (or down) to the clock.

11) Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince? "Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside-down. Let me take a minute, just sit right there, to tell you how I became the Prince of a town called Bel-Air." Yes, I know the rest of it.

12) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator? Call someone on my cell phone and get out by any means necessary. I'd be okay for a little while, but I'd break down pretty fast.

13) What's your favorite kind of gum? Trident Tropical, uh, something-or-other. It's in an orange package.

14) All's fair in love and war? Nah. There's no need to be a dick.

15) Do you have a crush on anyone? Nah.

16) Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning? I cannot conceive of a way for this to be the case. If you know how to use a word correctly, shouldn't you naturally know what it means? Or am I missing something? I suppose it's possible that you could use a word correctly but be unable to define it succinctly, but to not know what it means at all?

17) Do you like to sleep? Despite the way my sleep schedule looks, yes.

18) Do you know which US states don't use Daylight Savings? I know Hawaii doesn't. Not sure of any others.

19) Do you know the words to the song Total Eclipse of the Heart? I could sing along with it if it came on the radio (assuming I didn't just change the station, which is an excellent possibility), but I don't think I could quote any part of it other than "turn around, Bright Eyes" and "once upon a time I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart."

20) Do you want a bright yellow '06 mustang? No. I don't think I'd even want one of the old-school classic Mustangs with the horrendous fuel-tank placement.

21) What's something you've always wanted to do? You know, I recently stumbled across a list I made fifteen years ago of things that I wanted to accomplish, and I was amazed at how many of them I actually had done. One of those things was to have "a job with computers."

22) Do you have hairy legs? Extremely so.

23) What does "Semper Fidelis" stand for? It doesn't "stand for" anything, since it's not an abbreviation. It's the Marine Corps motto; it's Latin for "always faithful."

24) Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake? An ocean. The Pacific, to be specific. It's terrific.

25)Do you wear a lot of black? Yeah. I probably shouldn't, but I do.

26) Describe your hair? Black with a bunch of white. Currently pretty short, it it pretty wavy when it gets longer.

27) Do you have Entomophobia? I would certainly prefer not to see insects, and I would run screaming from the room if an insect the size of an iPod was near, but at the same time I'm not afraid of your run-of-the-mill, garden-variety bug.

28) Are you an adult? Yeah.

30) Do you have a tan? It's more or less permanent.

32) Do you enjoy spending time with your mother? Yes.

33) Are you a sugar freak? No. I prefer savory to sweet.

34) Do you like orange juice? Yes.

35) What sign are you? "Yield." Andy Bumatai aside, I am a Cancer.

36) Where do you wish you were right now? I like it here in my chair just fine, although I could indulge myself and wish I was someplace quiet and isolated, "far from the madding crowd."

37) Who did you copy this from? The Survey Place.

38) How do you know them? I don't. They were linked to from someone else who answered yesterday's Tuesday Twosome.

39) Have you kissed anyone in the past week? Yes.

40) What are your plans for the weekend? Nothing concrete, but I'll probably work on some models. The 17th, I'm taking The Youngster to a Model Railroad Expo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home