Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Free Association

Here's this week's free-association list from Unconscious Mutterings. As always, we're supposed to put down the first thing that comes to mind. I'm doing this this week because there's one answer that's mildly humorous and one that's downright scary.

1. Cluster :: Foul-up. Could've been Larry Hama in the writer's chair, could have been someone else, but there was an issue of Wolverine where someone vaguely military was yelling "It's a real cluster foul-up!" A real head-shaker--it made me wish that they could have just used the real expression.

2. Announcement :: Box. No clue. Sort of a computer term...but not really.

3. Respect :: Yourself. Again, no clue how I came up with this one. I have some ideas, but none of them really pan out.

4. Incident :: Analysis. If you can explain this one, I'll buy you a drink.

5. Accordion :: Folder. I like office supplies.

6. Drunk :: Driving. Probably a real popular finisher. "Drunken milkman...driving drunk. Milk and blood. Blood and milk. Milk and blood! Blood...and milk." (Scatterbrain!)

7. If :: Only. Again, probably a common one.

8. Dexter :: Morgan. This is the scary one. Why? Well, I was wondering where this came from, so I googled the name. This is the name of the character from the TV show "Dexter." I have never seen this show. Someone has talked to me about it one time. I have never read the books. I didn't even KNOW there were books. So...how do I come up with this? This is a scary tribute to the power of advertising in our society.

9. Wedding :: Bells. Another common one, I'm sure.

10. Gambling :: Problem. No clue where this came from.

1 Comments:

  • 1. Nuts and chocolate
    2. 1950's game shows
    3. Aretha
    4. Star Trek TOS
    5. Wierd Al
    6. Barney
    7. Marvel Comics
    8. Cartoon Network
    9. Pain
    10. James Bond

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home