Strange Brouhaha

Friday, December 21, 2007

Covers week continues

One of my favorite cover tunes is Keali'i Reichel's rendition of The Beatles' "In My Life". As with The Gourds' version of "Gin & Juice," I think that this brings something new to the song, an elegiac quality that isn't present in the more uptempo original.



Tribute bands are an interesting variation on the concept of doing covers. I'm not sure that I'd qualify The Fab Faux's version of "I am the Walrus" as a cover--because it's not precisely a cover. Or is it? Whatever it is, it's amazing. This is as close to the Beatles as we're going to get. Amazing stuff. (Thanks to Sir F. Crisp for pointing these guys out.)

1 Comments:

  • One of my favorites is "Start Me Up" from "A Mighty Wind"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home