Strange Brouhaha

Friday, April 18, 2008

Rush needs to stop MESSING with me!

I did end up buying the components to make a new computer, and they all arrived today (C2D E6750, 2GB g.skill RAM, P35 mobo, 500GB HDD, GeForce 8800GT). I have a two-page checklist/outline of things that I need to do get everything put together and all of my data transferred over from the Macintosh.

One thing that is not on my list is "plug the computer into the power strip," which turns out to have been kind of a mistake because there are no spare outlets on my power strip. There will be, when the Macintosh and the external hard drive are gone, but right now there aren't.

(Third paragraph, where's Rush? Don't worry, they're coming.)

Whenever I go to Best Buy, as I did just now for a new power strip, I do three things: look at PC games, look at XBox 360 and Playstation 2 games, and look to see if there are any new Prince or Rush albums. Best Buy, or at least our Best Buy, sometimes stocks imports and weird stuff, so I figure it doesn't hurt to look.

Rush has a new album. A new live album. Didn't they just have a live album? They need to stop messing with my head. It seems like it was not that long ago that they put out Snakes & Arrows, and all of a sudden here's Snakes & Arrows Live.

Yes, I bought it, but I haven't listened to it yet. I'm not even sure why I bought it, except for completeness' sake, because I sure the heck haven't listened to Snakes & Arrows itself since the first time. For God's sake, I DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE PLAYLIST. For all I knew, frickin' Tai Shan was on it! (It's not.)

My demand is simple: Geddy, since you are cooler than Alex, please inform me when you release a new album so that I can be prepared to spend the money. Also, please release more studio albums. (Heck, another covers EP would be fine.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home