Strange Brouhaha

Friday, April 04, 2008

Word count: ZERO

The Wife has been ill for what seems like forever but is probably around two months. During that same amount of time, The Child seems to have been mostly fine, while I have had the flu.

Tuesday afternoon I felt very strange--I ended up feeling very fatigued and ill by the time I wrapped up my half-day of work. (Tuesday, of course, we put paid [we hope] to the furnace saga.) I was so fatigued that the idea of picking up a spoon made me a little nervous, in a "can I really do it?" kind of way. I was so fatigued that I couldn't even contemplate speaking--I worried for a moment that I was having a stroke or something. That was accompanied eventually by a fever. Then a cough.

Wednesday and Thursday were not so bad; I made it through most of a workday on Wednesday, and the whole thing on Thursday. I hit the Tylenol hard and blew my nose and had some chills but they weren't too bad.

This morning, something happened that made us sufficiently nervous to cause me to Actually Go To The Doctor, a rare occurrence. I won't say what it was, because it's kind of gross.

Anyway, I met this really cool doctor (Iranian, by way of Germany--we talked a little bit in German, but I was too out of it to really concentrate), and after a just-in-case-it's-pneumonia X-ray, he told me that it was probably bronchitis. I got some antibiotics, a box of guaifenisin, and went home.

This is all by way of saying that I haven't actually started writing my ScriptFrenzy entry this year, and it's entirely possible that it won't get done.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home