Strange Brouhaha

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yes...AGAIN

Ever since the last time we had trouble with our furnace, I've been pretty religiously checking the thermostat every night before I go to sleep to make sure that it's reading an appropriate temperature. I think my religion must have lapsed yesterday and my eyes just kind of glided over the thermostat.

Oops.

A couple of days ago, The Wife asked me if I was cold. I said "I'm always kind of chilly when I sit where you're sitting," namely on the couch. Last night, when I went to bed, I said "Wow, it's really cold in the bedroom."

This morning when I woke up, it was definitely downright chilly.

Looked at the thermostat: yep. 62. Much, much colder than we usually keep it--cold enough, in fact, that we probably hadn't had any heat in the house for at least two days, meaning that when The Wife asked me if I was cold...the furnace was already broken.

Again.

I wasn't able to stay home for the repair guys this time, but I have it on good authority that they were not happy--and that they're trying to get someone from the furnace manufacturer to come out and look at it. They've even discussed our furnace at the service company's tech meetings. We're a legend!

I don't know, aren't we at the point of diminishing returns, here? They've absorbed so much in warranty repairs that it would probably be cheaper for them to just throw us a new unit. Like I said, I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home