Strange Brouhaha

Monday, September 27, 2004

Mall Music

I forgot to mention something about the mall.

The music is terrible.

We went into Gap Kids ("Ooo! Let's go in the Gap!") and there was this atrociously horrible song by some girl singer playing on the overheads. Let me clarify; the music was good, if typical, pop fare. It had a good hook and a good beat. Competent, bland, workmanlike. The lyrics, on the other hand, were utter crap. I said to Lani, "Somebody had to write this!" but she was looking at clothes.

It really says something, at least to me, that the best song we heard was a cover of the J. Geils Band's "Freeze Frame," which has to be 25 years old. Yes, it was a cover by some teenage girl with crappy backup singers and they butchered the arrangement, but it was still the best thing we heard in the damn mall.

(I think what it says is, "You're old!")

4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Robert, at 1:50 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Robert, at 4:23 PM  

  • The song was Girl Can Rock by Hilary Duff. It was horrible.

    By Blogger Robert, at 4:25 PM  

  • As a matter of fact, you probably haven't. I grew my mustache freshman year of college and have not been without it until recently. That's seventeen years. It's taken some getting used to.

    I do look like a total badass :D

    By Blogger Robert, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home