Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Is it Sunday? It must be Potpourri time!


  • When you have to rely on the Packers' defense to close out the game, you know you're in trouble. All of the ass-kicking by the offense was very nearly negated by what has become the usual performance by the defense.

  • Clive Cussler needs to stop. Please. I haven't even finished the new Dirk Pitt book, and it's so much worse than the last few...which were already bad.

  • VH1 had something called "The 40 Least Metal Moments," meant to complement their "100 Most Metal Moments." Any sane person would pick Jethro Tull winning the first Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Grammy as the, uh, the Most Least Metal Moment. VH1 picks some video of Vince Neil doing a chicken dance.

  • Speaking of metal (sort of), Vixen was on "Bands Reunited." This was notable for two reasons. First, there was NO drama. They all said hi, they talked about what happened, then they went out and played. I'd say it was because they were women, but BR had...who was it...Klymaxx on once and it was approximately the nastiest thing ever. It involved lawsuits. Second, some goons were yelling into the camera, "If it wasn't for Vixen, there'd be no Hole!" I dunno, I think L7 and the Runaways (and probably Deborah Harry and maybe even Siouxsie Sioux and probably Wendy O. Williams) might have something to say about that. I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide whether having Hole is a good thing or a bad thing.

  • Is it wrong of me to have really really really wanted to yell at the third person to cut in line in front of me at the grocery store tonight?

  • I have nothing coherent to say about the Emperor's promise of a Palestinian state. Support for this is coming from the same quarters that savage Democrats for supporting the idea. I will keep my opinions on the matter to myself.

1 Comments:

  • (Dan): Back when airport security lines were as long as an hour, I was on one that got re-routed outside because the lobby was filling up. A very "first-class" couple (clothes matched their luggage) used this chaos to jump from the end of the line to a dozen people ahead of me (skipping a half-hour's wait). I yelled over to them that the end of the line was outside, but they ignored me. I called over a United employee to complain and he said they couldn't do anything about it. So I stepped out of line, walked over to the National Guardsman nearby and quietly told him that I thought I had heard the couple talking about weapons. Never saw them again.

    Don't get angry, Rob. It hurts you more than them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home