Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Quick Hits

Here are some things that caught my attention today...

  • God has better things to do: I saw a little story in CNN about beloved lunatic Pat Robertson warning the voters of Dover, Pennsylvania that God was going to unleash His wrath on them for voting out the eight members of the Dover School Board who were up for reelection. I'd like to unleash a little Shut The Hell Up on old Pat.

  • LET ME OUT!: As I've noted before, I'm a horrible traveler. Frankly, they'd be carrying me out of the world-record longest transatlantic flight in a body bag. Just thinking about being cooped up in an airplane for 22 hours gives me the shakes.

  • The Legend Lives On: Today is the 30th anniversary of the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. I just figured I'd mention it. I like the song by Gordon Lightfoot, particularly the line "The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead when the skies of November turn gloomy." For other Great Lakes music, check out Lee Murdock.

  • Good Eats: If you live in Madison, you need to go to Urban Market at 1 Sherman Terrace and have a chicken salad sandwich. Just thinking about this sandwich makes me smile. Yes, it's that good. I have no idea where they get their chicken salad from, but it is almost--almost!--better than the best meal I've ever paid money for. I honestly don't know which I'd choose. No, really. I'm smiling now just thinking about the damn sandwich.



Well, that's a double-wide assload of words that I didn't spend on my NaNoWriMo project. Better get cracking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home