Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Is THAT what it's supposed to look like?

Our television machine has been on the fritz recently. The symptoms included heavy static on the vast majority of channels, and varying amounts of interference on the ones that weren't cut out completely. Since the Most Important Channels were not that bad (Disney, Toon Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network) I was kind of dragging my feet. Sure, we were missing NBC (no Law and Order, Tonight Show or SNL!), but it's not like I needed to watch TV.

It got a lot worse in the last couple of days, though. Combine that with a report that there's been some rabbitular activity near the spot where the cable comes into the house and you have trouble. I went out to inspect it, and sure enough, there was about an inch of insulation chewed right off the coax connection.

The cable guy came yesterday and fixed everything up, splicing the cable and putting in a junction box on the outside of our house. (His comment: "Now, unless that rabbit can jump two and a half feet in the air and open this box, it should be okay.") It's been so long since we've seen a clear picture that I've been cycling through the channels with no clear aim other than to say "Gosh, everything looks so good."

I only wish that I had taken a picture of the cable. Frickin' rabbits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home