Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Only Winter Olympics News You'll Hear From Me

Michelle Kwan has dropped out of the Olympics after another injury. Although I wasn't impressed that she got a medical exemption to attend without having to compete for a spot, I was hoping that this would be her year. (Intellectually, I knew it wouldn't be, just because of the injuries she already had, but still.)

Other than that, I find the Winter Olympics to be a total nonstarter. They're preempting SNL and Law & Order to bring...what, exactly? Frozen waterslides? Skiing? Yawn. (The Summer Games are not that much better; volleyball is good, obviously, but otherwise, meh.)

3 Comments:

  • I actually like the speed skating short track and the downhill skiing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

  • dpb--Yep. Short Track speed skating is brilliant. I saw it live when they had a World Cup event here in Madison and ended up going every day. It was a shame it was so poorly attended because it was absolutely fascinating. It was interesting to watch Apolo Anton Ohno because you could tell that he was doing stuff that not many of the other skaters could do, that is, win from any position. --though as I was just checking his name for spelling, I just read that he nearly fell in the 1500 semi and finished last in his heat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

  • (MattK) I actually like the speed skating short track and the downhill skiing.

    I forgot to put my byline in before. I blame the oxycodone. F*cked-up my back Saturday morning trying to flip a mattress by myself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home