Strange Brouhaha

Friday, February 17, 2006

We need a new phrase

"Now I've seen everything" really doesn't work anymore. To be fair, it probably hasn't worked properly in a long time. Every time you think you've seen it all, something else comes along, and something else, and something else.

We're never going to run out of something else.

I should have taken the screenshot when I had the chance, because now that the headline's gone, I can't show it to you. Maybe I could Google it. I just don't have the heart. This headline was a summary of everything that's wrong with the world: "Cheney's victim apologizes."

Yes.

The man Dick Cheney shot in the face last weekend is sorry for what Cheney and his family have gone through. Sure, sure, he's taking the high road and saying "accidents happen, Dick, it's okay you shot me in the face." But...to be sorry?

Screw that. I hope Cheney has nightmares about shooting that guy in the face every night for the rest of a long and unnatural life. I hope they're so bad that he can't get more than an hour's sleep without waking up screaming. If he's not going to feel bad about raping the country (and several other countries, for that matter), maybe he'll have the decency to feel bad about shooting a 78-year-old man in the face.

That presupposes, of course, that Cheney has any decency at all. And that he's not going to sleep every night doped up on heart medicine and booze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home