Strange Brouhaha

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Profanity

I just have one comment about an article I just read on CNN about profanity: If "fuck" and "shit" aren't in Irene Kramer's dictionaries and thesauruses, then she must either have pretty small reference books or not be able to actually read.

Okay, okay, another comment: Blame television? I've been listening to a comedy radio station on the Internet, and some of the foulest stuff comes from forty and fifty years ago! I don't think television was the culprit back then, and I think people are kidding themselves if they think that profanity is some sort of recent phenomenon.

1 Comments:

  • If my father is any indicator, the 40s and 50s must have been a cursing bonanza.*

    *Why does that make me think of Michael Landon telling Lorne Greene to suck his dick?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home