Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, August 05, 2006

SHOCKING and DISGUSTING!

How DARE these people put a BREASTFEEDING BABY on the COVER of their MAGAZINE about BABIES! Don't they know that that's UNNATURAL?

Oh, wait.

You know, that article is one of the stupider things I've seen recently (and thanks to Terry for sending it). You would think that people who are subscribing to a magazine about...BABIES...would have seen a tit or two. I'd like to know what kind of husband that one woman has, where she felt she had to tear the cover off so he wouldn't see it. Those frickin' magazines are filled with both babies AND boobs.

To be honest, though, I can sort of--only sort of!--understand. I always feel uncomfortable when I see someone breastfeeding their baby in public; it just seems kind of immodest to me for a woman to whip out a breast and belly her kid up to the bar. But you've gotta do what you've gotta do, and if it's time for the kid to eat, it's time for the kid to eat.

Still, there's something different about it being a picture on the cover of a magazine. I mean, the process is what it is, and if you're shocked, offended and disgusted by seeing it...maybe you should subscribe to a different magazine.

2 Comments:

  • My wife says, "Who are these people that are writing in?". My guess : http://www.quaker.org/

    And maybe the husband that felt "uncomfortable" was too scared to tell his wife he was getting a woodie at the sight of a "giant boob". ;-)

    By Blogger Terry, at 11:19 AM  

  • (Savannah) Hmm...I attended a Quaker meeting for about a year, and it was a bunch of gentle hippies who I seriously doubt would get bent out of shape by the sight of a working breast. YMMV.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home