Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, August 20, 2006

What the hell is that?

I was working down in the basement the other day when this...thing...crawled across my workbench. It was a bug about the size of the quarter, and it looked like a cross between a round armadillo and a horseshoe crab. I stabbed it through center-mass with my X-acto knife and tossed it in the garbage before I thought to get a picture of it.

I had a flip through What's That Bug? to identify it, but I don't even know where to begin. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a beetle, because it didn't crunch when I stabbed it, but beyond that...I dunno. I guess it's an Isopod of some sort; it did sort of look like a pill bug, one of which I had crawling across the workbench a week or so ago, but its first reaction to my stabbing attempt (yeah, I missed a couple of times) was to run, not ball up.

1 Comments:

  • Without a picture of some kind it's hard to tell, but I have seen tiny little spiders that resemble that description. But, they were *tiny*, no where near the size of a quarter. Hmm. I'm intrigued.

    By Blogger Terry, at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home