Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Saturday Six, one day late

Here's yesterday's Saturday Six from Patrick's Weekender.


1. Who is the last person who you spoke to by telephone?

2. Who is the last person you spoke to online?

3. Which of the two have you seen more in person?

4. Take the quiz: How is your self-esteem?

5. What is the longest period of time you have gone without internet service since you became a "regular user?"

6. How much did the lack of internet availability bother you?


1. My daughter. I was out this afternoon and trying to remember something we had discussed, so I called home and had her remind me.

2. Homey don't play that. IM is the tool of the devil.

3. Obviously, I need to default on this question to my answer for number 1.

4. Hmmm.
You Have Low Self Esteem 76% of the Time

You tend to blame yourself when things go wrong, regardless of whether it's your fault or not.
You're anxious to please others and rely too much on their opinions. Learn to please yourself first, and your confidence will soar.


5. When we were stranded in Chicago, I was without Internet access for...what was it, three days? Two and a half? Something like that.

6. To be honest, those two or three days didn't bother me as much as the times when I had to be awway from Star Wars Galaxies or World of Warcraft. There's Internet acces and there's Internet access; just because you go to a place that has Internet access (example: Hawaii) doesn't mean that you have the machine that you use to play games. There's more to the Internet than just having access--when I would go on a trip or what have you, I wouldn't be without the Internet, but I would be without the things that I consider important about the Internet. Now that I don't play those things anymore, it's much better.

1 Comments:

  • (Savannah) I got 68% low self esteem. So that's me and Rob--Low and Lower.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home