Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Monday Music Mambo

The good thing about not having done the meme trawl very much recently is that I can go back through archives and dig out memes to answer, like last weekend's Monday Music Mambo from Blogdrive Insanity. It's all about Nude Beach Day. (Hey, didn't I just answer some questions about naked people?)


1. What is your favorite Beach Boys song?

2. It's evening, the sun is setting, you're on the beach with that special someone. What song is playing at this very moment?

3. You've won a free trip to see your favorite band in concert! What beach, famous or otherwise, do you want the concert to be held at?

4. Ok, here's the nude beach question. Which musician would you want to spend time with on a nude beach?


1. The little-known, never-played-on-the-radio "Wendy." No clue why; I always liked it better than the standard Beach Boys classics.

2. "I Remember You" by Skid Row. (It's an inside joke, and I'll take you inside: One year in college, right before Christmas Break, that song was in heavy rotation on all of the Des Moines radio stations. The Girlfriend [now The Wife] and I would try desperately to escape it, but THERE IT WAS AGAIN. We laugh about it now.)

3. Do I have to? Won't the sound be horrible? Magic Island, I guess.

4. Keith Richards! Okay, no, not really. I guess it depends on what "spend time with" entails. If it really means "What musician do you want to see naked?" then I suppose I'd pick someone hot like, I dunno, Christina Aguilera or KT Tunstall. This question is too difficult for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home