Strange Brouhaha

Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday's Feast--on Friday!

Actually doing Friday's Feast on Friday--will wonders never cease?

The spine doctor says that my back is healing properly, that I should still restrict my activity, and that the excruciating wake-me-up-out-of-a-sound-sleep pain I've been feeling lately is normal. I guess I'm a little bit skeptical about that last point, but thankfully, there are painkillers.

Anyway, here's the feast.

Appetizer: How fast can you type? Depending on what it is I'm typing, I can sustain 80+ wpm. I peak somewhere in the 90s.

Soup: What is your favorite online game? Right now I'm still having fun with Desktop Tower Defense. I've beaten it once, but I think that was just a fluke. Sir F. Crisp sent along Mad Virus, which is also quite fun.

Salad: On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 as highest), how intelligent do you think you are? Ugh. Six or seven? Depends on the kind of intelligence, I guess.

Main Course: Name three of your best teachers from your school years. Wow. This is hard. Mrs. Cano instilled in me an appreciation of the theater that I carry with me to this day, so that at least is easy. But coming up with two others is not so easy. I can remember a lot of teachers who led by negative example, a certain eraser-thrower among them. There are a lot of teachers I liked as human beings, but that doesn't necessarily make them good teachers. Ah, here's another one: I have to admit that despite whatever other negatives there are about him (and the negatives are legion), Mr. Proctor's SAT prep class was incredibly valuable and I learned enough to boost my SAT scores pretty high--so there's two. Can I say Mrs. Cano twice? Probably not. You know, I'm going to say my college adviser and German professor, Prof. Hollender. Not necessarily for anything he specifically taught me, but because I've been fortunate enough to actually use my undergraduate studies professionally.

Dessert: What are your plans for this upcoming weekend? I don't have any, really. I'm going to try to take it easy and rest. We'll go to the library, we'll have lunch somewhere...mostly, I'll sit and try to let my back heal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home