Strange Brouhaha

Friday, October 12, 2007

More Friday Fun

Kiki at Friday Fun had some interesting questions today.

1. If you could have your dream home, what are 5 “must haves” that you would want it to include? A large basement, partially finished. (Partially finished so that, if I needed to, I could build a space to suit whatever came up.) A spacious, well-organized kitchen. A dedicated home theater room. Cat-5 to every room. And finally, plenty of bookshelves.

2. If you could have your dream vehicle, what would it be? Chauffeured :)

3. If you could change ONE thing about your life, what would it be and why? Tough one. My life is pretty good. I guess I would choose to alter the fact that I don't have one hundred million dollars.

4. If you could change ONE thing about the way you look, what would it be and why? Sometimes I wish I was a few inches shorter, but I'd want to take off a concomitant amount of weight, so I'm not sure I can give a satisfactory answer to this question.

5. If you could be on a reality show (from Survivor to Dancing With the Stars to Top Chef), which one would you be on and why? Maybe the one with Bret Michaels, so I could ask all of those women why they're being such whores for a has-been. (To be fair, I've only ever seen two minutes of one episode, but I'm reasonably certain that it was representative.) Or maybe I Love New York, so I could ask what the hell was going on. (Again...two minutes.) Actually, I wouldn't mind having Xzibit pimp my ride. Does that count?

6. If you could be in the audience of any talk show (from Dr. Phil to Jay Leno), which one would you choose and why? Conan O'Brien. He's hilarious. And I'd hope that I'd be there on a night when Triumph the Insult Comic Dog was yelling about pooping on things. And maybe the Masturbating Bear.

4 Comments:

  • Dream home must-haves: (1) An east-facing office with a window. (2) A window seat in the bedroom. (3) Bamboo floors. (4) The electricity would have to come from wind or solar power, as ours currently does, thanks to MG&E. (5) Plenty of bookshelves :)

    Dream vehicle: One of those adorable New Beetles in gecko green.

    Change one thing about your life: I'm with Rob--I really wouldn't change anything. Especially since I get nervous that tinkering with one aspect would have butterfly-flaps-its-wings-in-China type ramifications.

    Change one thing about your appearance: I do wish I had light blond hair. I've always liked how that looks.

    Which reality show: NONE OF THEM.

    Any talk show: You know, it would be interesting to sit in the audience for an Oprah show. I'd like to understand that whole phenomenon better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

  • 1. Stainless steel kitchen, cameras/speakers for surveilance and all other communications, a cement "mud-room" for the cats with a hose and drainage, a guest room, a basement bedroom with no windows, a trash/recycling chute.

    2. Ditto with Robert sort of - safely and quickly self-driving.

    3. Healthy immortality.

    4. Lose at least half my weight forever.

    5. "Live-in Robot Maid House"

    6. None. Not interested.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

  • frankiecrisp--

    You mention "healthy immortality" as the thing you'd change about your life. Have you heard of CRON (Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition)? These are people who restrict their calories by 25-30% of the "standard" diet (so a man would aim for about 2000 calories a day, whereas a woman would aim for about 1500) while making sure they get 100% of the Recommended Daily Allowances of all nutrients from real-food sources (i.e. not vitamins or fortified cereals).

    The reason they do this is because it's been shown to prolong healthy lifespan in lab animals, so they think it might extend their own healthy lifespans until Aubrey de Grey and his Mprize buddies find a way to disable the aging process at the cellular level (which they think is sure to happen in the next few decades--which I personally think is overly optimistic, but whatever).

    If you google "calorie restriction," you should find lots of resources.

    Just fyi, all CRONies recommend lowering your calories gradually so as to avoid shocking your body.

    I don't know if I really believe the longevity claims, but I do think the focus on nutrition is admirable and worth checking out if you're interested.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • Cool, thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home