Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.



I woke up this morning to see a little puddle in front of our fireplace. Actually, it wasn't so little, and since we don't use the fireplace, there was a lot of stuff sitting in front of it--all soaked.

Water is not pouring in, but the drips are pretty steady and the pans are filling up. Remind me again why we live in Wisconsin...

Fortunately, this is the first time this has happened to us, so I'm hopeful that this is a "nearly three feet of snow this month" problem and not a new "you will get this whenever it snows or rains" problem. I'm also hopeful that it's something that our condo association will have to bear the burden of fixing, but we'll see.

I'm fairly happy with the performance of our home so far this winter. We've had a ton of snow and intermittent bouts of warm weather to melt the snow--this can cause a lot of problems with leaks and drainage and stuff. So while it's true that I wish this wasn't happening, at least it's taken this long to show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home