Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Strange Ad

When I was idly browsing the NYT website this morning, I saw an ad that said "Sick of the spin? Click here to get the facts about Bush." That's fine. It had six pictures, presumably of people the ad's creators think are out there spinning things in Bush's favor. I'm not going to quibble with four of the selections: Bush himself, Tucker Carlson, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly.

But...Jay Leno? I've not been watching the Tonight Show every night or anything, but it's always seemed pretty evenhanded to me.

And the one that really puzzles me is the inclusion of Chris Matthews from Hardball. Again, it's not something I watch all the time, but it seems to me that he goes after pretty much everyone. I've seen him try to pin down Republicans.

I just don't get it, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home