Strange Brouhaha

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Two things

First. The headline here speaks for itself. "Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq." That's actually another good candidate for an October surprise: a big chemical dump. Yeah, except there actually aren't any.

Second. I hope you all caught that story about Rumsfeld acknowledging that there was no evidence linking Iraq and al-Qaeda. He had to issue a retraction, claiming that he was "misunderstood," but if you speak any English at all, it's kind of hard to misunderstand a statement that is as clear, direct, and unequivocating as "To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two."

Wait a minute, let's make it three! Three things for the price of two, since we're surfing the tidal wave of fraudulence and stupidity anyway. I have here in my hot little hands a link to the website of an organization that idolizes Arnold Schwarzenegger so much that they want to amend the United States Constitution to allow foreign-born naturalized citizens to run for President. I'm not going to actually GIVE you the link, because I don't want to encourage this sort of thing, but I thought I'd let you all know.

4 Comments:

  • Josh here. I must say that posting comments on your new blog is mildly a pain in the ass. Oh well.

    My new favorite lunatic is Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska. In addition to being the namesake for the legislation that ridiculously overprotects the Olympics-related trademarks in our country, he also got into a lengthy shouting match with Carl Levin yesterday and declared that he still believes Iraq has WMDs.

    Thank you, Alaska.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • Still believes Iraq has WMDs. Boy...what can you say. Does he still believe the earth is flat, as well?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • I know it's a pain, and I'm sorry. Still, it's better than anything I could have come up with by myself.

    By Blogger Robert, at 1:29 PM  

  • Blogs mean never having to say "I'm sorry."

    JJB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home