Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Pointers

Would you like to know a major reason why I'm not a programmer by trade? Sure, it's partly because I don't know how to use Microsoft Visual Studio, which drives so much development in this country, but it's mostly because I don't understand pointers in C.

That's an oversimplification, of course, and a cop-out. After all, I know Java pretty well, and Java doesn't use pointers. But pointers were the thing that always caught me out in programming classes. I don't understand them, and although I could probably describe how to use them, actually implementing code with pointers has always been a thorn in my side.

Maybe that will change, now that I've found this great tutorial on pointers. It's really good. Maybe if I read it two or three times, I'll be smarter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home