Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Tog on Bugs

Tog, Bruce Tognazzini, was Apple Computer's Human Interface guy back in the day. It's always worth checking out any updates on asktog.com to see what he has to say.

The latest entry, on persistent, ingrained design flaws, is good reading. I find it comforting that the "list of 10" only has 7 entries. It's also thought-provoking; it made me think about reconsidering things that I do in certain ways, professionally and personally, just because "that's the way it's always been done."

If I were to add just one thing to the list, it would be computer clocks not keeping the right time. I hate it that the clock on a $2000 computer can't keep time as well as a $10 wristwatch. And while it's neat, I hate it that it's become de rigeur to rely on external time servers to keep updated time. I guess I don't know what the solution is, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home