Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Actual Conversation From Work Today

I'm standing in the kitchen, cutting my lunch (leftover roast beef) into bite-sized pieces prior to microwaving it. Someone comes in and says, "Ooh, is that corned beef?"

Huh? "Uh, no." I go on cutting.

A second person comes in. "Hey, corned beef, alright!"

I am thoroughly puzzled for another few seconds. Then I remember today's Google logo. "Oh," I say, the light bulb going on, "it's Saint Patrick's Day!"

The first lady says, "Come on, you must have known. You're wearing a green shirt!"

I look down. Sure enough. And suddenly it hits me that there are an awful lot of people in the office today wearing green. "No," I say, "it's just the top shirt from my pile of clean shirts."

I mean, come on...do I LOOK Irish? (Answer: no.)

3 Comments:

  • Sure you do. Aren't you from an O'hana?

    HAHAHAHAHA

    I crack myself up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM  

  • Haaahahaha!

    Apropos of that...it took me a long time to twig to the fact that Mike Ohara, from our class, was not in fact Irish.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:34 PM  

  • (Michelle) And then there was a girl one or two years behind us named Maiko Hara.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home