Strange Brouhaha

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Insane Schiavo Law

Did you know that Terri Schiavo's parents got a special law passed, just for them, that overrides Florida law--in *their case* only? Apparently that's what the Congressional session was about. I had managed to avoid realizing that because I have enough challenges to maintaining my blood pressure. I knew that loonies and cynical jerks were meddling unconscionably, and that was all I wanted to know.

Well, now I know more. This article for which you must register on the New York Times website explains it all for us in all the gory, totalitarian details. Basically, the Bushies created a special "law" specially for these specific people, because these people asked them to. A "law" like that is not a law at all. It is a dictatorial decree. Period.

Time to haul out the old "END IS NEAR" sandwich board and start pounding the pavement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home