Strange Brouhaha

Monday, August 08, 2005

It LIIIVES!

I took my poor, dead modem down to the ISP this morning and gave them my ticket number and walked out with no new modem because they didn't have any. That is, I walked out after they picked me up off the floor. No, actually, I just laughed and made a joke and went home to wait; the nice lady said that they'd have someone bring one out to me as soon as possible, which turned out to be just a couple of hours later.

After all the necessary fiddling (turning off DHCP on my wireless router, turning it on on the modem, rejiggering connections, resetting the firewall, etc. etc. etc.), everything is set up to status quo ante. Hooray, now I can go back to...uh...to...what is it I use the Internet for again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home