Strange Brouhaha

Friday, September 23, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

I've probably written about this before, but hey, everything old is new again. Here are my top five guilty pleasures: things that I really have no business liking, but like anyway.


  1. A League Of Their Own: I always tell myself that I'm never watching it again, but whenever I pass it on TV, I get sucked in. I swear, once I watched it three times in one week.

  2. Debbie Gibson: I guess it's a late-80s thing. Honest, I liked the music.(Hey, maybe I can do a Debbie/Metallica mash-up.)

  3. The Carpenters: Hey, come on, Karen Carpenter had a great voice, and Richard Carpenter is one of the most underrated pianists and arrangers ever.

  4. Bed, Bath and Beyond: I am not allowed in this store unsupervised, because every time I go there, I end up buying much, much more than I'm supposed to. "Oooh, look, containers. And PANS. I need a new kitchen knife. TOWELS!"

  5. Urkel: No, I'm serious. I saw one episode of "Family Matters" where he was falling all over the place--Jaleel White is a really good physical comedian.



What are yours? I tried to think of some books that I'm sort of ashamed to admit I like, but nothing came to mind.

6 Comments:

  • George Michael.

    I'm so ashamed...

    db

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 PM  

  • Remember, there is no shame in the Guilty Pleasures post. I'm not a fan in general, but some George Michael songs are really great.

    By Blogger Savannah, at 6:57 AM  

  • Indeed..., but still.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

  • Various nu metal (Staind, Chevelle, Mudvayne). None of the really bad stuff, though (say, Godsmack), I promise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • I'd be happy to "supervise" you again at BBNB.

    My guilty pleasure: televised cheerleading championships.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 AM  

  • There was this one time I used a really silky scarf and a peacock feather . . . wait . . . what was this post about again?

    Oh, right, um, never mind.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home