Strange Brouhaha

Friday, September 16, 2005

Some interesting links

I like free books. I've recommended Blackmask Online and Project Gutenberg before. (By the way, if you like to listen to books rather than read them, Project Gutenberg also has some audio books.)

Anyway, Lifehacker today linked to a site with free technical books called FreeTechBooks.com. Looks like they've got a lot of books. As much as I like free books, I like free technical books even better.

Speaking of books, we've got a lot of them around the house. My ongoing intention is to catalog them, or at least inventory them to get a sense of how many we have and what we have. I know for certain that I've bought second (and third) copies of books that we already own just because I couldn't find the ones we had anywhere. (Our three copies of Hawaiian Names - English Names are an exception, thanks to amazon.com. Long story.) I've been looking at the online catalog creator LibraryThing (thanks again to Lifehacker) as a possibility. At the very least, it would free me from having to create my own database and front end, but on the other hand, I wouldn't get to create my own database and front end.

And, as always, if you want a gmail invite, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home