Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Wolfram Tones

This was on Slashdot just this morning, but go check out Wolfram Tones. It's a little compositional-snippet maker based on some of the work Stephen Wolfram published in his book A New Kind Of Science. I've only played with the pre-created ones so far, and they sound pretty interesting to my ears. It would be interesting to see if they could actually come up with songs using this theory.

Here's a tip, if you do go: change up the instrumentation and ignore the genres.

Update: Shucks, I thought you could actually choose a pattern and make your own selections. I guess I've played with pretty much everything. It's kind of hit-or-miss as to whether you'll get listenable stuff, but it's an interesting experiment.

Update to the Update: You can sort of choose a pattern, and different seeds. I actually haven't played with everything. You know, I'll just shut up now and go mess around some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home