Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, February 19, 2006

This is the best they could come up with?

I'm no historian, but doesn't it seem slightly ridiculous that the University of Lousiville's list of top 10 Presidential blunders includes Monica Lewinsky? They couldn't come up with anything better than that?

None of Bush's fuckups--a long, long list which includes deliberately lying the nation into a war effort that has cost hundreds of billions of dollars--are worse than adultery? (And just so we're clear, I'm not exactly impressed with Clinton's behavior, but there's no way it's "top-10 of all time" bad.) The series of bad economic decisions that led to the Great Depression weren't worse than bald-faced lying about a BJ? I'm sure many other things would present themselves if I didn't have to get up and go to work right now. Perhaps some of you can think of others.

I can't really argue with the rest of the list, although my impression of the Embargo Act is that it wasn't that bad either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home