Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Saturday Six

Yeah, it's this week's Saturday Six from Patrick's Weekender.


1. What was the last charity you donated something to? How long ago did you make your last donation?

2. Describe the worst weather event/national disaster that you experienced firsthand.

3. Did the experience you just described change you in any way, (or if you've never experienced such an event firsthand, do you think it would change you significantly)?

4. Take the quiz: What subjects should you have studied in school?

5. Did you actually study or major in any of the courses suggested by the quiz?

6. What's your current screen saver? How long have you had it, and what do you like best about it?


1. Is the Red Cross a charity? I donated blood. I'm supposed to make another appointment now, so that should tell you how long it's been. It should tell me, but I can never remember the minimum time between donations.

2. Hurricane Iwa, which was really a non-starter in our neck of the woods. I remember coming home on the bus, and traffic was streaming in the other direction. Nobody knew what was going on. But nothing really happened on our side of the island, as far as I can recall.

3. No. Well, actually, it's made me dismissive of weather emergencies. Probably a bad thing.

4. Okay...
Your Learning Style: Innovative and Independent

You are determined and driven. Confident in your abilities, no field is too difficult for you.

You Should Study:

Astronomy
Biology
Chemistry
Design
Engineering
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science


5. I took Physics and Political Science classes, but that's probably really not what was meant by this question. So...no.

6. I don't use a screen saver. Their original purpose (to prevent screen burn-in) is no longer the problem it was, so there's really no reason for me to have it on any computer I'm using. I've used no screen saver for nearly a decade, and my favorite thing about it is that it's one less hassle in my life to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home