Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Based on what?

According to CNN, Barack Obama is considering running for President.

I don't quite understand why people want this. I mean, yes, he gave a great speech at the Democratic convention, but...what has he done that makes people think that his being President would be a good idea? What can you point to, in his career, that makes you say, "Yeah, it's great, he can do it!"

Granted, he would be better than any Republican you could name. But a speech does not a career make.

2 Comments:

  • I'd vote for him before I'd vote for Hilary Clinton.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

  • (dpb) Agreed, however, in that speech, he had a clear message of hope. The Democrats so lack a clear vision for leadership, that when someone finally shows some signs of intelligence, leadership, and hope, well, I suppose that's enough qualification for me.

    Also, Obama did serve in the Illinois State Senate for 8 years before being elected to the US Senate in 2004. The Current Occupant was Gov. of Texas for 5 years and that's about it in terms of politics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home