Strange Brouhaha

Monday, December 18, 2006

R.I.P. Joe Barbera

Dave Cockrum died recently, as did Martin Nodell, who created the Golden Age Green Lantern. Now, animation great Joe Barbera, one half of Hanna-Barbera, has passed away.

I cannot imagine what my childhood would have been like without the vast stable of Hanna-Barbera cartoons--Superfriends, The Flintstones, and Scooby-Doo alone were hugely important parts of my life. (And I hated Scooby-Doo! But there it was, every afternoon. I liked "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" the best, especially the ones with the Harlem Globetrotters.) Any kid who watched TV in the late 70s and early 80s probably had their sense of humor informed in large part by H-B.

So long, Joe. And thanks.

1 Comments:

  • Agreed. Tom and Jerry, Lost In Space, Scooby-Doo....
    RIP Joe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home