Strange Brouhaha

Friday, December 08, 2006

Let's have a frontman crazy-off!

Okay, Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies--you know, the last video in my last post--put me in mind of super-scary twelve-foot-tall-Indian Chuck Billy of Testament.



And then, for some reason, I thought of Messiah Marcolin. He's just scary. He doesn't even need to be twelve feet tall. Here's Candlemass, doing "Solitude" live. (No, Messiah doesn't do the high note on the last "ashes to ashes".) As a bonus, you get to see him without his shirt several times. It's not to be missed.



So anyway, let's have a frontman crazy-off between Chuck Billy, Messiah Marcolin and Mike Muir. What's the plural of "crazy frontman emeritus"? Emeritus crazy frontmen (I think that's correct) Axl Rose and Glenn Danzig can judge the new inductee.

4 Comments:

  • That would be "frontmen emeriti." The "-i" ending is the nominative plural for all masculine nouns and their happy little adjectives. (Though there is no Latin for "frontman," I'm going to figure that, if there was, it would be masculine.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

  • I'm just happy to find out that Metal videos still require fire, chain link, and monk's robes with hoods up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

  • I looked up the plural of emeritus when I was writing the thing, and I found one resource that agreed with anonymous and one that agreed with me...I'm sure I went with the wrong one.

    The Candlemass video is probably more current, but that Testament video has got to be at least fifteen years old. Probably a few years more than that. It could be the case that metal videos don't require those things any more :)

    By Blogger Robert, at 3:14 PM  

  • Axl's no emeritus - G'N'R was just here last week. I heard from several reasonably skeptical sources that he was, in fact, awesome.

    For the crazy-off, you need the dude from the one Scandinavian black metal band that burned several churches, and then stabbed and ate part of his former musical collaborator for not being "metal" enough.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home