Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Saturday Six

If it's Sunday, it must be time for the Saturday Six. This week's Sunday Seven is about the Jones Soda holiday flavors, and what weird flavors you'd like to see (but not necessarily drink; I'd pick Manapua, Pork Hash, Crispy Gau Gee, and Shrimp Canton). But the Six...


1. What is the last fruit or vegetable juice you drank? How long ago did you drink it?

2. Which are more likely to have on hand: fresh fruit and vegetables or fresh juice?

3. Does a negative movie review make you less likely to see the movie? Does a positive review make you more likely to see it?

4. Take the quiz: What gender is your brain?

5. Which line of description in the results best describes you?

6. The U.S. Mint has announced a plan to reintroduce one-dollar coins, this time with former presidents. Would you use one-dollar coins, or is paper still the way to go?


1. Cran-Apple, just a couple of minutes ago. And I don't mind letting you know that it was pretty darn good.

2. Fruit. I love fruit.

3. Depends on the movie. More than that, it depends on whether I was planning to see it anyway. A negative review wouldn't push me away from, say, the next Harry Potter movie, just as one example, and a positive review would not make me buy a seat at any theater showing a movie with the horrifyingly unfunny Will Ferrell.

4. Okay, I'm not buying this one.



Your Brain is 73% Female, 27% Male



Your brain leans female

You think with your heart, not your head

Sweet and considerate, you are a giver

But you're tough enough not to let anyone take advantage of you!


5. I don't really think any of them describe me.

6. The only way I would use a dollar coin is if there were no more dollar bills. Since our currency is based solely on fiat (it's only worth something because we think it is), there's really no reason to have a dollar coin--if a dollar coin were made out of a dollar's worth of material, it'd be a different story. The only reason that the government continues to push a dollar coin is that coins are more durable than bills. Screw 'em: a bill is easier to carry. I don't need a pocketful of coins. (Caveat emptor: I don't carry cash, so the point is really moot with me. I just know that I'm agin it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home