Strange Brouhaha

Monday, November 27, 2006

Alles in Ordnung, Herr Kearns!

So, supposedly, this the Season for Peace and all that stuff. Think of all the Christmas songs you know that use the word "peace". Take your time, there's a lot of them.

You might think that hanging a Christmas wreath shaped like the peace symbol would be an appropriate thing to do at this time of the year. You'd be right...except in Pagosa Springs Colorado.

If you're not inclined to read the article, the story is this: a woman put up such a wreath. Some of her neighbors complained to the homeowners association. The association president, Bob "Stumpy" Kearns, displaying tactics from The Decider's School of Leadership ("Our Motto: duhhhhhhh"), ordered the association's architectural committee to declare that the woman had to get rid of the decoration. They refused. He disbanded the committee.

I tell you, if I had the money, I'd send her one day's fine ($25) just to spite this Kearns and his lickspittles. (And I'd mail a swift kick in the butt to people who think the wreath is Satanic. I mean, please.)

Update: Yes, I started out writing "lackeys" and somehow thought I was writing "lickspittles" and thus ended up with "lackspittles," which sounds like a mucus deficiency. I have rectified the error.

Update II: "Misunderstanding" my ass. The Brownshirts just backed down because, like all bullies, they're a bunch of cowards. I bet if the wreath had been in the shape of The Decider's Glorious Visage, there wouldn't have been a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home