Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Saturday Six...again

The Saturday Six from Patrick's Weekender:


1. Take the quiz: What was your Thanksgiving horoscope?

2. Did you have either of those two dishes on your Thanksgiving table? Of the two, which would have been your choice?

3. Which single food do you blame most for your weight gain?

4. Take the quiz: How thankful are you?

5. Which are you more thankful for: your family, your friends, your career or your possessions?

6. Did you do any shopping at all on "Black Friday?"


1. Mmmm, food. We went to The Old Feed Mill.
Thanksgiving Horoscope for Cancer

You're the sign most likely to both dread and look forward to Thanksgiving.

Your signature dish: Mashed potatoes

Your signature dessert: Pecan pie

This holiday: Don't let crazy family members get you down. Maintain your tough outer shell!


2. Yes, The Old Feed Mill had mashed potatoes on the buffet line. No pecan pie, though. I like pecan pie, but of the two I'd choose mashed potatoes--as long as they're fresh, of course. Not flakes.

3. Rice, I guess.

4. This sounds about right, I guess.
You Are 71% Thankful

You are a very thankful person - for both the big and little things in life.
Your optimism is powerful. Getting through hard times is fairly easy for you.


5. I am most thankful for my family.

6. Hell no. We stayed in and avoided leaving the house at all. There's no deal worth the hassle. Well, I take that back, but there's no deal that any store would offer that would make me fight people just to get into a store. I guess we indirectly supported Buy Nothing Day.

1 Comments:

  • (Savannah)
    1) My Thanksgiving horoscope said my foods were tofurkey and a martini or something. I *was* a vegetarian for eight years, but not so much with the drinking. Thing is, vegetarians have zillions of options before being forced to resort to tofurkey, so--

    2) I'll have to pass on both of them. The comments about bucking tradition and doing your own thing were pretty accurate, though.

    3) When I gain weight, it's not any one food. It's just those extra couple of bites, too many days/weeks in a row.

    4) 67% thankful.

    5) Family.

    6) Nooooo!! Very glad to find out that we indirectly supported Buy Nothing Day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home