Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ah, the Saturday Six

Nano is going very well this year. I don't feel nearly the pressure I did last year, and I've been keeping up with blog posts, too. So here's Patrick's Saturday Six.


1. When a bill arrives in the mail, what do you do with it: pay it immediately, hold it with others and pay at once, or put it off until the last possible minute?

2. Which actor makes the best James Bond?

3. Of the foods you enjoy, which one are you least likely to try cooking yourself?

4. Take the quiz: What does your birth month reveal about you?

5. Of the results you just got, which one seems the farthest from the "real" you?

6. Will you see your extended family on Thanksgiving Day this year?


1. Sadly, I put them off until the last possible minute. And, occasionally, the last possible minute is the day after they're due. I realize that this is a bad habit, and I'm sorry.

2. Unlike most people, or at least the most vocal people, I don't like Sean Connery's Bond at all. I grew up watching Roger Moore as Bond, and while I really, really like Pierce Brosnan and Timothy Dalton, I prefer Moore.

3. There really isn't one. I've actually attempted to make most of my favorite foods myself. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd never be able to make kalua pig all by myself. It requires a whole pig, a big pit, lava rocks, banana leaves and wet burlap.

4. Ugh, I really hate these. I think this result, for June, is about half right: "Thinks far with vision. Easily influenced by kindness. Polite andsoft-spoken. Having lots of ideas. Sensitive. Active mind. Hesitating, tends to delay. Choosy and always wants the best. Temperamental. Funny and humorous. Loves to joke. Good debating skills. Talkative. Daydreamer. Friendly. Knows how to make friends. Abiding. Able to show character. Easilyhurt. Prone to getting colds. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Brand conscious. Executive. Stubborn."

5. I'd have to say that "Good debating skills" is pretty far from the truth. I can construct an argument, but have no ability to defend it.

6. Nope. We're doing what has become our family Thanksgiving tradition (although it's only, what, four years old?): going to The Old Feed Mill in Mazomanie, Wisconsin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home