Strange Brouhaha

Monday, November 13, 2006

Here's one reason

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin runs a feature profiling local schools. I was wondering when they'd get around to my alma mater. Today, they did.

The first article is the really interesting one for me. It talks about why Iolani students tend to overwhelmingly choose schools on either coast rather than schools in the Midwest. I don't know what this Todd Fleming's policies are, but when I attended Iolani, the college counselor, Dan Feldhaus, actively discouraged me from applying to schools in the Midwest. I consider myself fortunate not to have listened to him.

So there's one reason right there why seniors don't consider Midwestern schools. Perhaps my homies from back in that particular day have different perspectives.

1 Comments:

  • So, why did you choose the Midwest? I'm from Wisconsin, and I came to Madison because it's the only in-state college that had a Chemical Engineering program.

    It's strange that they would discourage Midwestern schools. I've heard they actually have a fairly good reputation. But maybe that's because I'm from here. :-)

    By Blogger Terry, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home