Strange Brouhaha

Friday, November 10, 2006

Music Mambo from Monday

Here's the Monday Music Mambo from Blogdrive Insanity. I thought it would be interesting to answer these questions, especially since I did those 80s ones just a few minutes ago.


1. Peanut butter and jelly is one of America's favorite sandwiches. What musical duo do you think fits together like peanut butter and jelly?

2. Some prefer their peanut butter smooth. Which singers do you think have the smoothest voices?

3. Other people prefer chunky peanut butter. Which singers do you think have the "chunkiest" voices?

4. Non-music question: Do you like peanut butter, and if so do you like it smooth or chunky?


1. Did you ever notice that whenever I have to answer a question like this one, which asks for ONE answer, I can never hold myself to just one? Here's how I'm going to define "fitting together like peanut butter and jelly": the peanut butter is good by itself, the jelly not so much, but together they're the perfect combination, the whole surpassing the sum of the parts by an order of magnitude. So, for example, the Brothers Cazimero would not be peanut butter and jelly, because I don't think I've ever heard any of their solo work that I've really liked--but their work together is phenomenal. My first answer to this question is mind-numbingly obvious: Simon and Garfunkel. However, I would also have to put Hall and Oates on the list, as well as Karen and Richard Carpenter.

2. Sade. Alison Krauss. Seal. Basia. I'm sure there are others that I'm just not thinking of right now.

3. Tom Waits. Axl Rose. Brian Johnson from AC/DC, who sounds like he has to take a crap every time he sings a song.

4. Yes. Smooth. And It Must Be Jif. There is no other peanut butter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home