Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Done, and not a moment too soon

Cast your peepers over to my NaNo banners. The latest file I submitted to the official verifier has, according to NeoOffice, 50462 words. The official verifier, on the other hand, calls it 50000 exactly--and that's good enough for me. I think I'm in the middle of a sentence, and I really don't care.

This year's NaNo was not an enjoyable experience for me. The main problem was that the story I came up with didn't really hold my attention, even through the relatively short 50000 word length. I really should have done more planning than I actually did, and that's a lesson for next year--either that, or quit trying to write something genre-oriented without a little bit of forethought.

And by the way, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

  • (Savannah) Woohoo! Let me be the first to congratulate you. I know it was a slog. But you saw it through. Good job.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home