Strange Brouhaha

Friday, August 17, 2007

A different friday five

This Friday Five was on the LiveJournal Friday Five.

1. Who was your favorite teacher? I have said it before, and I will say it again: the late Mrs. Watajeen Cano, who was our theater director and drama teacher. She was also an English teacher. Running a close second is my German professor from college, Prof. Steve Hollander.

2. Why was that teacher so special? Mrs. Cano was really tough, but for me, at least, it seemed like she was tough because she gave a damn about what she did, and not just to be petty the way some teachers are. I liked her a lot. Also, she instilled in me a love of theater that has lasted for 25 years. She was the only former teacher I ever introduced The Wife to, although she was The Girlfriend at the time.

3. Do you think teachers get paid enough? I think the ones around here do get paid pretty well. I don't know what it's like in other places. Entry-level teaching positions don't pay much, but entry-level positions anywhere really don't, either.

4. Do you have a favorite year of school? It had tremendously high highs and tremendously low lows, but I'd have to say that if I must pick, senior year of high school was my favorite.

5. If you could travel back in time and tell yourself something now that would have helped you get through school, what would you say? "You know that list you have in your notebook of stuff you want to do with your life? Twenty years from now, you'll have done the vast majority of things on it, and done them well to boot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home