Strange Brouhaha

Friday, September 21, 2007

Extremes

No, not Extreme, thank God. It's Friday5.org's Friday Five, and it's about extremes.

1. When were you the coldest you’ve ever been? Hm. Well, walking in downtown Grinnell, Iowa during what was practically a blizzard, wearing no hat and no winter coat (a denim jacket and a thick flannel) would probably have to be up there. I was really cold when I was laying on the ground waiting for the ambulance after my fall earlier this year, but maybe that was just shock. And there was a stretch of days this past winter where it hurt to even contemplate going outside. I can't really say that there's been one standout "coldest" day.

2. When were you the hottest you’ve ever been? Obviously, we had a lot of hot days when I was growing up. If I had to guess, the hottest would probably have been at band camp, since we had to march a lot in the midday sun at the height of summer.

3. When were you the tiredest you’ve ever been? This summer, for the first few weeks after I cracked my spine, because of all the pain. I would get winded walking down the hall at work. Walking down the stairs at home was a chore. I needed half an hour of rest after taking a shower. I was physically and mentally exhausted.

4. When were you the most stressed you’ve ever been? Good stress or bad stress? Working for the School District here was almost always stressful, but usually in a good, productive way. When I got promoted at work this summer, I had a lot of stress--but again, the good, productive kind of stress. Not to flog a dead horse...but the whole thing with my back, actually, was very stressful and I frayed a lot.

5. When were you the dirtiest you’ve ever been? The Posse, as I recall, played football in the mud once. Doesn't get much dirtier than that.

1 Comments:

  • 1. Boy Scout camp in January. Fell into a ravine and took me almost an hour to pull myself out with tree roots.

    2. Summer restaurant work.

    3. Every day for the last 5 years.

    4. Layoffs when I knew before others and I wasn't being layed off.

    5. Had to be some time before 5 yrs old.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home